SEO consultant Brisbane, learn and understand SEO. Here are the basics. SEO doesn't have to be complicated.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) refers to the methods used to increase traffic to a site by increasing its search engine page ranking.
SEO is meant to increase the popularity and visibility of a website in search engines.
Types of SEO
- Organic SEO
- Inorganic SEO
Involves improving the visibility of a website using unpaid, algorithm-driven results.
Organic SEO includes using SEO methods like backlinking, writing high-quality content, and boosting keywords.
Types of organic SEO
- On-page SEO
- Off-page SEO
Best practices with On-page SEO
- Use SEO friendly URL's
- Short URL's have an egde over long URL's in search engines.
- Provide high-quaity content that would make readers share the content or always refer to your website. High-quality content is the core to great websites that provide useful content to users.
- Always include the target keyword in your URL.
- Keyword should be as close to the title as possible. This gives the keyword more weight in search engines.
- Add modifiers like "best", "guide", "list", "review". They can help your content rank for long tail versions of the target keywords.
- Title should be in H1 tag. This gives it weight in search engines.
- Subheadings should be in H2 tags. Gives content an appealing appearance that is reader friendly.
- Other on-page SEO best practices include image optimization, external links, mobile friendly.
- Involves techniques used to improve website position in Search Engine Results Page (SERPs).
- It involves link building, social media marketing, social bookmarking.
Benefits of organic SEO
- Compared to paid methods, organic SEO is cost-effective.
- Generates more clicks as the content is relevant to readers.
- Search engine results last longer because of the relevancy of content to readers.
- Readers are encouraged to come back because of the content relevance to their needs.
Involves improving the visibility of a website using aided methods also known as paid methods like PPC, Google AdWords, Google AdSense, paid advertising among others.